March 16, 2020
Blessings to all of you on this Monday afternoon!
Things are feeling strange this week – I know I’m not the only one who feels like I’m living in a B-movie and would like to go back to normal any time.
First, I want to update you on what is and is not happening at All Saints.
- Sunday and Wednesday worship, and all Bible study gatherings, meals, and quilting are cancelled.
- However, the office is OPEN this week, Monday to Thursday, 8:30 – 3:30. We will be closed on Friday.
- And, the Goodwill bins are here! You can bring donations to the church any time the office is open. If you don’t want to come inside, leave things at the front door and we will carry them in for you.
- Committees may have meetings in person as needed; committee chairs, please be in touch with the church office about whether or not you will meet
- If you need assistance in these coming weeks – groceries, rental assistance, things I haven’t thought of yet – please call the church office and let us know, and we will figure out how to help.
We are trying out a new way to gather these weeks for mutual social and spiritual support. We will offer four opportunities for Zoom gatherings this week. With Zoom, we can gather over computers or phones and speak with one another – and those with computers can see and be seen as well. To join a meeting, click on the link provided here. If you do not have Zoom installed on your computer, click early so you can install it. You will be prompted to install the software – say yes, and follow the prompts. You will also be asked if you want to join with computer audio and video; say yes.You can also call in with a phone – call the number listed, and be ready to enter the meeting number when asked.
Meetings this week will be:
- Tuesday, March 17 at 11:30 a.m. – Life during Pandemic. We will talk about what life is like these days, challenges of this time, share information and encouragement for these hard days. To join Zoom Meeting – click https://zoom.us/j/701850508 OR dial in by phone +1 669 900 9128 or +1 646 558 8656 Meeting ID: 701 850 508
- Wednesday, March 18 at 12:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. – Lenten Prayers. We will do a version of what we have been doing for Wednesdays in Lent, with readings, prayers and music. You can set up with a computer and a candle and join in for prayers and song – I’ll send the link Wednesday morning.
- Thursday at 12:00 p.m. – I will lead a Bible study on the assigned Narrative Lectionary text for this weekend – Mark 12:28-44. I will present some background and context and there will be time for discussion – I’ll send the link Thursday.
Finally, here are my reflections on the Narrative reading for March 15, in light of our current experience.
Be well, don’t panic, and keep in touch.
Grace and peace,
Pastor Kristin Schultz